[cisco-voip] device profile turned into phone

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:44:46 EDT 2014

I just had the strangest thing happen.

I had a device profile that was listed under device->phone.  Even stranger,
this "phone" was listed as the logged in profile on a phone.  The name had
also changed to SEP + the name of the profile.

Obviously there was some database shenanigans going on with this but in the
interest of getting the user squared away, I deleted and re-created
everything for them.

Has anyone seen this type of thing happen before and should I be concerned
that this is indicative of a larger issue?

9.1.2.10000-28