[cisco-voip] number of rings

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 22:42:53 EDT 2014

I've always gone with 2-4.

"In North America, the standard ring cadence is "2-4", or two seconds of
ringing followed by four seconds of silence."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringtone#Background

"Ringing (Code 1) 2 sec on, 4 sec off, repeating"
Source: http://www.zytrax.com/tech/telephony/ring_patterns.htm

However, I just timed CallManager's default ringtone, Chirp1, and it was
1-3.  Thanks for raising awareness.