[cisco-voip] Finding which device/user is using a specific licence?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Apr 18 11:38:40 EDT 2014

So I've completed the offline upgrade from v7 to v9 (with a few gotchas) and aside from checking out the install logs to see if there are any glaring issues, things are working.

The one thing I'm trying to figure out is who/what is using a specific license.

We are out of compliance by one CUWL user and one Enhanced plus user.

I misunderstood how the "loaning" process worked and asked to have only Enhanced (and Essential) licenses issued. Since this is what our ESW and UCSS contracts are/will be based on.

I suspect the CUWL license was used up by my userID because I had four phones "owned" by it. I deleted two of the phones and modified the other. I did a resync on ELM but no change. I did a restart of CallManager and no change. License Manager is not allowed to be restarted at GUI.

I need to find the Enahanced Plus user/device.

Does any one have any tricks? I used the CDR search by user since it shows the phones owned by a user. The user information page does not show this.

How long does it take Callmanager to change the request it sends to ELM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lelio

Sent from my iPhone