[cisco-voip] Jabber phone mode with extend and connect

Jeremy Rogers (AM) jeremy.rogers at dimensiondata.com
Fri Apr 25 16:38:15 EDT 2014

I am configuring Jabber 9.7 on a CUCM 9.1.2 system in phone mode for extend and connect.  Following the documentation, I was able to create a remote destination and have an inbound call to CUCM redirect and ring the cell phone used.  However, when I attempt to place a call from the jabber client, it does not call out to the remote destination phone as the documents specify it should.  If I select the option to use the computer, the call goes out fine.
Is there a step I am missing?  I have gone through the server and client config guides and followed step by step, but outbound calls will not work when a remote phone is set.

Jeremy Rogers CCNA
Advanced Technical consultant
Advanced Solutions, Professional Services
Dimension Data
Office:  +1.732.452.5238
Mobile:  +1.908.229.3474
e-fax:  +1.732.352.7891