[cisco-voip] how to populate a route pattern with a call display / connected name

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Apr 28 13:35:53 EDT 2014

OK, so we've moved our Nuance Speech Attendant solution from a SIP endpoint to a SIP trunk solution. One of the differences we see is now, when people dial our speech attendant, they only see number information, and no name information. I understand that typically (always?) it's the far end that would supply that information back, but I'm wondering if there is a way to force CallManager to display something?

The Nuance tech I was working with is going to ask about that, but he has never seen any configuration option on their system to push that information back.

Is there a SIP parameter that I should be asking them to configure or make available?

Thoughts?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure