[cisco-voip] Unity Connection and IMAP with SSL to apple iOS and Mac OS X clients

Paul E Roche roche at chapman.com
Mon Apr 28 14:21:05 EDT 2014

Does anyone have a version of Unity Connection up and running (8.6, 9.0, 9.1, 10.0?) with IMAP and SSL with Apple iOS 7.0+ devices (iPads, iPhones) and/or Mac OS X v10.9 Mavericks Mail.app clients? the older version of TLS found in v8.03 of unity connection prevents newer apple devices from using SSL with IMAP. see bug ID/Enhancement request - https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuj82109

I'm trying to avoid forcing VPN connections with plain IMAP for those email clients. We used to be able to use IMAP with SSL directly to Unity Connection 8.03 with iOS 6.0 devices and Mac OS X up through version 10.8.X.

Thanks for any info.