[cisco-voip] Log Files

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Aug 6 13:42:24 EDT 2014

Cisco CallManager is the only component you need to collect traces from, unless you want the syslog that has a copy of the alarm (get Application Event Logs in that case).

When you collect Cisco CallManager traces there will only be two files, sdi (ccm*.txt) and sdl (SDL*.txt).   You don't need to worry about the SDL traces, so find the timestamp your alarm was generated, then look for the ccm*.txt file that covers that timestamp. Your alarm will be located in the file, work backwards from there to see what was going on.

-Ryan