[cisco-voip] Possible to force SIP refer transfer from IP phone

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:12:32 EDT 2014

I have a unique requirement between a new 10.5 CUCM and a third party
dialer/ACD.

CUCM is integrated to PSTN via SIP trunk to 2911 PRI gateway.   CUCM is
also integrated via SIP trunk to the dialer/ACD via SIP trunk directly
between CUCM and the dialer/ACD.

CUCM takes inbound call to IP phone. User needs to be able to transfer the
external caller to the dialer/ACD.  However we need the initial invite sent
to the dialer to have the Calling Party Number set to the external PSTN
user, so the dialer can properly do a database lookup of the external party
and match the caller ID.

When we do this transfer via IP phone, it always starts off as a warm
transfer so the dialer/ACD gets the internal IP phone number for the DB
lookup.

Is there anyway for a IP phone (or jabber) to utilize SIP refer to complete
the transfer so the dialer/ACD sees the external party number as caller ID
on the transferred leg?

As a secondary option, I have considered possibly delaying the actual
transfer to the dialer/ACD to give the IP phone user enough time to
complete the supervised transfer. But not sure if unity connection call
handler is the best way or if there is another way, perhaps in CUCM
dialplan.

Thanks

Justin