[cisco-voip] Anyone Using Cisco 8945 Handsets?

Walenta, Philip Philip.Walenta at Polycom.com
Wed Dec 3 11:23:02 EST 2014

I’ve got a few.  They look like a completely different designer built them.  Their workflow/software feels different from the 99XX’s as well.

I personally don’t like them and prefer the higher end devices.  I’ve not tested Bluetooth on them.

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Gary Parker
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 10:18 AM
To: cisco voip; <UCISA-NG at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Anyone Using Cisco 8945 Handsets?

I was recently asked to procure a Cisco handset with bluetooth capability for a user with impaired hearing who uses bluetooth capable hearing aids. I was under the impression that high-end 9951 and 9971 units were the only handsets with this functionality, but it appears the much cheaper 8945 also features bluetooth.

I have to say I'm suspicious of the relatively low price of the 8945 looking at its specs (colour screen, camera, GigE) so I'm interested to hear opinions from anyone with experience of deploying and using these devices.

---
|     Unified Communications Service Manager      |
n       Loughborough University IT Services       |
|     http://delphium.lboro.ac.uk/pubkey.txt      |