[cisco-voip] Anyone Using Cisco 8945 Handsets?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:17:56 EST 2014

We have a number of them deployed, bluetooth seems to work fine. We are
using them for people that had 7961/2's that now need/want gigabit
connectivity. The "new" UI is a bit of a learning curve for those folks.
Video camera/display isn't as good as the higher end units but it gets the
job done.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a couple for testing purposes.  we have used them with the
> plantronic's headsets and they worked.  The biggest bugger for us is that
> we use call indicator lights, and with blue tooth you lose that.
>
> Nice little phone.  yes the UX is different but I think we may go that way
> next year.  we like the video built in.
>
> YMMV
>
> Scott
>

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Pawlowski, Adam <ajp26 at buffalo.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> We put one out specifically for the Bluetooth for someone with a
>> Bluetooth hearing aid. There was some conundrum with pairing it to multiple
>> devices (cell phone, office phone, etc) but the report was it worked great,
>> excellent audio quality, as the coil in the handset just didn't cut it.
>>
>> I agree it is sort of a bastard device regarding the UX, especially if
>> you're all 7900 otherwise. The buttons and menus are a bit different, but
>> they are not consistent across the whole product line anyways. It is
>> reasonably simple to explain the functions to the user, or show them the
>> flash tutorials, etc, to get an idea on how to do what they want. In the
>> past, however, we'd printed step-by-step guides that just don't carry over
>> to these devices - I feel like that's a thing of the past anyways.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Adam Pawlowski
>> SUNYAB

Ed Leatherman