[cisco-voip] Anyone Using Cisco 8945 Handsets?

Nick Britt nickolasjbritt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:56:48 EST 2014

I just did a deployment of around 2000 8945's I have tested the bluetooth
functionality which seems to work fine.

No real issues with them overall they are a tiny bit slower than the 796x
series. Overall I was pretty happy with them only 1 DOA out of the 2000. We
hadn't enabled video yet but I recall there may be  an issue with the
amount of bandwidth used (even when on mute).

The only time we had reliability issues is when used very high call volume
scenarios (10 calls plus into a shared line) or using with ARC they would
sometimes freeze but a simple reboot resolved the problem.

One thing that did bother me was that you can only get to your programmed
speed dials when not in a call. Our requirements were gig and video the
8945 in conjunction with the 9951's seemed to work fine.

any questions let me know.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Ed Leatherman <ealeatherman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We have a number of them deployed, bluetooth seems to work fine. We are
> using them for people that had 7961/2's that now need/want gigabit
> connectivity. The "new" UI is a bit of a learning curve for those folks.
> Video camera/display isn't as good as the higher end units but it gets the
> job done.
>
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We have a couple for testing purposes.  we have used them with the
>> plantronic's headsets and they worked.  The biggest bugger for us is that
>> we use call indicator lights, and with blue tooth you lose that.
>>
>> Nice little phone.  yes the UX is different but I think we may go that
>> way next year.  we like the video built in.
>>
>> YMMV
>>
>> Scott
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Pawlowski, Adam <ajp26 at buffalo.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We put one out specifically for the Bluetooth for someone with a
>>> Bluetooth hearing aid. There was some conundrum with pairing it to multiple
>>> devices (cell phone, office phone, etc) but the report was it worked great,
>>> excellent audio quality, as the coil in the handset just didn't cut it.
>>>
>>> I agree it is sort of a bastard device regarding the UX, especially if
>>> you're all 7900 otherwise. The buttons and menus are a bit different, but
>>> they are not consistent across the whole product line anyways. It is
>>> reasonably simple to explain the functions to the user, or show them the
>>> flash tutorials, etc, to get an idea on how to do what they want. In the
>>> past, however, we'd printed step-by-step guides that just don't carry over
>>> to these devices - I feel like that's a thing of the past anyways.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Adam Pawlowski
>>> SUNYAB

> --