[cisco-voip] Anyone Using Cisco 8945 Handsets?

Josh Warcop josh at warcop.com
Wed Dec 3 19:45:51 EST 2014

Really not intending to hijack this thread but we've seen some interesting squelching issues when answering calls with 8945s and the speakerphone. It's like it takes 4-5 seconds to do an audio cut through and in that meantime it has feedback. If answering with other model phones everything is fine. Probably related to something else on the network, but this has popped up at a couple clients.

I personally am not a huge fan of the 8945 and would lean more towards the new 8800 series 'standard'. The camera on the phone is good but there is a human factor involved with having the camera on the phone. You have to actually LOOK at the phone to have that face to face conversation and logistically it doesn't work if I want to also do some light work on my device. It makes a lot more sense with the 9900 series detachable cameras that can be place on the computer monitor. However this is also slight weird and why the DX80 is 100 times better.

You can get 'video enabled' with any phone model having the media services interface installed and via CAST your PC camera is engaged when you're hooked into the back of your phone. Yes it is a bit more overhead but we've found it quite a lot more intuitive vs. the camera on the phone.

Joshua Warcop
Twitter @Warcop
Cisco Champion 2015 Collaboration