[cisco-voip] Device CSS vs Line CSS -- Which takes priority?

David Schulz dschulz at skyline-ats.com
Wed Dec 10 16:46:30 EST 2014

The Line CSS takes precedence only in the case of a TIE. Otherwise, it always uses the best match, regardless of the order. In the line/device approach ... Class of service restrictions are placed on the line CSS, so this would be true..... But again.... The rules are :

1. Best match of all partitions in the resulting CSS.... The concatenation of the line and device CSS.

2. In the event of a tie..... The order of partitions in the resulting CSS becomes the tie breaker. Therefore. Line partitions will take precedence but only in the case of a tie.

Hope this helps

Dave