[cisco-voip] Device CSS vs Line CSS -- Which takes priority?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Dec 10 22:52:20 EST 2014

David is correct.

I'd like to add one thing, it's a tie only if the pattern itself is the same, otherwise, there's the issue of a more unique pattern.

Also, We have, what I like to call, a modified device/line approach.

We allow all possible PSTN access on the device based on patterns that separate calls out so that they can be filtered (blocked) on the line. For example, we allow toll free calls on the device, so blocking long distance on a line won't block toll free. We also have a '900' exception list we can administer so blocking 900 calls on a line still allows the exceptions through.

Then, we allow as required access to on net calls at the line.

In your situation Scott, if all the lines already have 911 access, I'm not sure how you're going to block it without blocking it for hard phones as well.

Sent from my iPad