[cisco-voip] licensing turn around time 8.6 to 10.5

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 20:50:56 EST 2014

This is a hot topic. I'll add my two cents too.

If you are doing an RU upgrade, you don't need to run LCU. Simply add the
CUCM to inventory in PLM, synchronize it and then run the Migration
Request. It will pull all of the same info from CUCM that LCU does. This is
hinted at in the upgrade guides but was very clear in my opinion.

My most recent 8.6 to 10.5 was early November and it took about 2 week or
so to get then BIN file to upload to PLM.