[cisco-voip] UC on UCS storage.....

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Dec 17 21:32:20 EST 2014

The one thing that didn't click for me was that all the requirements they give re: IOPS, etc is per server and is additive. When you give these numbers to your storage folks, the usual response is that it's difficult to guarantee those numbers. Any tools that Cisco has only exist on the servers themselves, so you have to install in order to run the utilities.

There was an in depth session at Cisco Live this year that went into quite a bit of detail as to the calculations necessary to come up with the final values. It convinced me that for the time being, I'm going to be recommending C series servers with onbox storage.

Sent from my iPhone