[cisco-voip] Intraarea and Interarea NANP Calling

Mike King me at mpking.com
Mon Feb 3 10:41:37 EST 2014

Anthony,

I'm not sure what your question actually was, but I'll attempt to answer.

1, Depends on your LEC (Local Exchange Carrier) or your CLEC (Competitive
Local Exchange Carrier)
2. Depends on your LEC (Local Exchange Carrier) or your CLEC (Competitive
Local Exchange Carrier)  (But almost always require the 1 to leave your
Area.

Further detail on item 1, i've dealt with some rural areas (none recently
so I don't know if they've updated their CO) that only required the last 4.
  I know for a fact that large area's of New Hampshire, US only require 7
digit.  However Massachusetts, US requires 10 digits throughout the entire
state.  It depends if the LEC did a Area Code overlay or not.

You want a real trip, lookup
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_exchange_names