[cisco-voip] Updating line's voicemail profile

Angel Roberto Castaneda hello at angelcastaneda.com
Mon Feb 3 11:35:51 EST 2014

Hello,

I inherited a CUCM environment that has a couple hundred lines that use the
"<None>" voicemail profile. They default to the Default voicemail profile,
so they work.

This caused an issue a couple of weeks ago when a junior technician created
a voicemail profile with a mask and accidentally set it as the default
profile. All of these phones were affected, and users were unable to
receive messages or to log in to their mailboxes. In order to fix this, I'd
like to assign a profile to each of these lines.

I'm exporting All Details for all phones, and will then remove any line
appearance that already has a voicemail profile. This will then become the
custom file that I will use to update the lines.

Does this sound like the right way to go? Is there a much easier way of
accomplishing it?

I appreciate your input

*Angel Roberto Castaneda*