[cisco-voip] conflicting directions: DRS manual vs DRS GUI

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Feb 10 16:40:44 EST 2014

I'm at the point in our migration to v9 test where I am about to restore my cluster after applying the refresh COP file.

The documentation states, in more than one spot, that I can restore the cluster at once, without having to do the publisher first:

    * You can restore the whole cluster as a single operation after you rebuild the publisher server and the subscriber servers, or to revert to a known good configuration. You do not need to restore the first node and the subsequent nodes in two separate operations. [Page 14]
    * When you get prompted to choose the nodes to restore, choose all the nodes in the cluster. [Page 15, Step 11]

However, when I run the utility, there is a warning at the top, which states:

    * If you are attempting to restore on a freshly installed publisher, only select the first node (Publisher) for restore. The subsequent nodes can be selected only after the completion of publisher restore. For further details please refer to the Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide.

The latest documentation is for v7.1(2), but I'm currently running v7.1(5b)SU3, so I'm wondering if the warning in the code supersedes the document.

Anyone care to comment?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.