[cisco-voip] unexpected behaviour with "Prepare Cluster for Rollback" and migrating phones between v9 and v7 cluster

Tommy Schlotterer tschlotterer at netechcorp.com
Wed Feb 19 17:04:22 EST 2014

Lelio,

After you change the “Prepare cluster for Rollback to Pre 8” according to CCM you MUST restart the following services on all nodes, in the order described, immediately after setting this parameter to True: First, restart the Trust Verification Service (TVS) on all nodes; next, restart the TFTP service on all nodes that have TFTP activated; last, return to the Enterprise Parameters Configuration window and click the Reset button to reset all phones. When those three steps are completed and have been performed in the specified order, the cluster will be ready for rollback.

To Change the cluster back to a “Secure Cluster” you must follow the same instructions after you change the parameter back.

Tommy

Tommy Schlotterer | Systems Engineer

CCNA, CCNA Voice
[cid:image001.png at 01CF2D94.26AB8B60]