[cisco-voip] Migrate Unity Connection 8.5 Cluster to VMware-then upgrade to 9.1

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 17:34:24 EST 2014

I'd like to run this by some of you that might have gone through this
before or have investigated it.
I'm upgrading a Unity Connection 8.5 cluster (currently on MCS) to 9.1
on  VMware without a loss of service.
Here's the plan
Take a DRS backup of the system
reorder CUCM RLs so calls hit the subscriber node first (if needed)
take down the publisher node
rebuild the publisher node on VMware using the Cisco OVA
Install the publisher with the same settings (hopefully this won't alter
the License MAC so we won't need to rehost?)
DRS restore the Publisher only
Take down the Sub
rebuild the Sub node on VMware using the Cisco OVA
Install the Sub with the same settings, joining it to the cluster

Question: (Assuming we don't need to rehost the licenses etc) is it
necessary to restore the subscriber from DRS at that point? or will
replication take over (only self signed certs in use)

The remaining steps seem fairly straight forward upgrading from 8.5 to 9.1

screen shots of licensing pages to send to Licensing for 9.x license etc
for ELM rehost.

Thoughts? Anything I'm missing, anything way to make it easier?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Ted