[cisco-voip] 7940 Ringtones Per Line

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Jan 13 10:36:41 EST 2014

The ring tones presented are controlled by two files: Ringlist.xml (default ring) & DistinctiveRingList.xml (specific lines)

You can download, modify and upload the files appropriately. There was talk of 7940/60 memory being low that you couldn't put too much into these files. I took the risk and merged the two files, so I have all ring types available for both default and individual lines. No problems to date and we've had it for two or three years.

on tftpserver(s):

admin:file list tftp *ing*.xml
DistinctiveRingList.xml Ringlist.xml
dir count = 0, file count = 2