[cisco-voip] Hotel Murder Linked to E911 Programming

Mike King me at mpking.com
Mon Jan 13 14:06:03 EST 2014

For all of you guys out (in the US) there that do "interesting"
programming, This should be in the back of your minds.

http://www.avaya.com/blogs/archives/2013/12/hotel-murder-linked-to-e911-programming.html

I've personally talked management OUT of requiring 9+911 at some of my
sites.  My reasoning was precisely this.  Unfortunately, now I have a real
life example to point to.

(There is a link in this article to a gallery of hotels the author has
stayed at, with all the weird 911 things they do.  5555 for emergency
services in the US?  Really?)

Mike