[cisco-voip] ITL Files and UC Upgrades

Dana Tong Dana_Tong at bridgepoint.com.au
Wed Jan 15 00:25:08 EST 2014

Hi all,

I was just testing the process for migrating handsets from an old 8.0 cluster on MCS hardware to new virtualised UCM.

*         I set the Enterprise Parameter - Prepare cluster for rollback to pre 8.0.

*         Restarted the Trust Verification Service on all nodes.

*         Restarted the TFTP service on all nodes.

*         Restarted my pilot handset.

*         Once this was completed I changed the TFTP servers to point to the new cluster and restarted the phone.

*         The phone came back on the old cluster.

I had to manually go in to the phone and delete the ITL file and reset it again before it would register to the new cluster.

Am I doing something wrong? What is the correct procedure? (I am aware of other third-party applications which will do this for me).

Cheers
Dana