[cisco-voip] ITL Files and UC Upgrades

Tim Smith tim.smith at enject.com.au
Wed Jan 15 18:38:18 EST 2014

Hey mate,

I asked the same question of my colleague the other day. Why not just the rollback parameter?
In his case, they were doing a phased migration.
The rollback parameter affects all phones in the new cluster (including the ones that are working successfully)
As Brian mentioned, the rollback causes other service issues and again – and it would affect all your phones in this case.

In terms of registration, if the old cluster is there still (I.e. you stood them up in parallel), then you should be able to remote control them and delete ITL. (I did this to roll some back to a 4.1.3 cluster once)

Out of curiosity more than anything..
I don’t think the phone actually needs to be registered to remote control it.
The RC products would use CUCM to get the list of devices, and eventually the IP addresses (to target the web servers of the phones for RC)
By default CUCM would also be used for authorisation of the web request to phone (but this could be proxied – point Auth URL to web page that always returns Authorized message to phone)
Then it’s just a question of when the web server is running on the phone – i.e. if it’s looping through trying to find a CM, but it’s on the network, does it answer web requests, not too sure on this part.
Maybe someone else knows for sure, or has messed around with this a bit more.

Cheers,

Tim.