[cisco-voip] CM 8.6 to 9.1

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Jan 20 15:07:55 EST 2014

Thanks Jeremy!

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
lelio at uoguelph.ca
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jeremy Bresley" <brez at brezworks.com>
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 1:42:23 PM
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CM 8.6 to 9.1

On 1/20/2014 9:22 AM, Stephen Welsh wrote:

Hi Lelio,

I believe the provisioning improvement you are referring too is the ability for end users to ‘self-provision’. My understanding it enables end users to setup a fresh phone on their desk as part of an initial deployment etc. basically a replacement for TAPS. They login to their phone using their UCM User details (aka AD user if integrated) and a pre-loaded profile is deployed to the phone.

ASAIK it’s a phone firmware level feature that as long as the phone is on the desired software level it uses the new User Data Service (UDS) API to authenticate and configure the device.

Personally I’m keen to see how this feature is implemented, i.e. will the user have to login twice if extension mobility is enabled ;)

Kind Regards.

Stephen Welsh

The provisioning improvement in 10.0 is a single-cluster version of Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6491/ps12363/data_sheet_c78-729645.html

We're still in the roll-out stages of the stand-alone product, and are looking at it more for allowing remote IT people to be able to provision and do MACD work on phones without having to have CUCM/UConn expertise. Not sure what features are missing between the full-blown product and the integrated one in 10.0 however. One of the weekly Cisco Prime Demo's covered it a few weeks ago. http://bit.ly/PrimeDemo probably would be a good place to attend and ask questions about it.

Jeremy "TheBrez" Bresley
brez at brezworks.com