[cisco-voip] CSCtf09186 9971 no video as switch can't power camera

Wes Sisk (wsisk) wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Jun 9 12:37:32 EDT 2014

WIP.

In the mean time:
<B>Symptom:</B>
Switch might remove power from inline powered phone

<B>Conditions:</B>
This happens if the phone does LLDP power negotation while sending both the TIA Power TLV and the 802.3at Power TLV

<B>Workaround:</B>
None

This looks to be triggered by phone advertising by multiple protocols - "When LLDP Power via MDI is disabled then it switches back to LLDP-MED again upon seeing an LLDP-MED TLV. CDP and LLDP arbitration is based on first come first serve.”

Also the root observation of this bug was the switch provides power, denies power, and then provides power again.

For getting power, but not enough power, I suspect you might be hitting another defect. Power from the switch depends on the phone advertising correctly. I’d update the phone load to the latest and then open a case with switching team.

-Wes