[cisco-voip] CUBE dial-peer with b2bua command

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 04:10:54 EDT 2014

Hi

I've seen a couple of CUBEs configured with the following:

dial-peer voice x voip
 b2bua

I'm confused by this as the CUBE is per definition a B2BUA without that command.

The only thing I can find in the documentation on b2bua is regarding CME.

b2bua

To configure a dial peer associated with an individual Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) phone in Cisco Unified CME or a group of
phones in a Cisco Unified SIP Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST)
environment to point to Cisco Unity Express, use the b2bua command in
dial-peer configuration mode. To disable B2BUA call flow on the dial
peer, use the no form of this command.

So I'm assuming it's redundant to configure it unless you run CME?

Thanks