[cisco-voip] Jabber Network Locale US Only

Boon ciscovoipuser at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 11:25:57 EDT 2014

Hi,

I recently patched my customer's UK CUCM 9.1.1 cluster to 9.1.2 SU2 and
have found that the network locale on Jabber (J4W, J4iOS) will only use the
US network locale when making calls. The ringback is the US single tone and
not the UK double tone as required.

I've installed cm-locale-combined_network-9.1.2.1000-1.cop.sgn to replace
the original 9.1.1 file but this hasn't made a difference.
All nodes have been reloaded.

J4W 9.7(2) and 9.6 have been tested, both use US network locale only. This
only affects Jabber clients as normal 79XX series phones are using the UK
network locale correctly.

The J4W logs show the confix xml pulling down:
<networkLocale>United_Kingdom<\networkLocale>
<uid>63<\uid>
<version>9.1.2.1000-1<\version>

This looks ok to me but the US tones are still being played.

Has anyone run into anything similar?