[cisco-voip] Arc UAC

Tim Smith tim.smith at enject.com.au
Tue Jun 17 22:14:37 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

Apologies for cross post. I have posted this over at Arc forum, but not response so far.

I'm looking for clarification on disabling UAC (as required by Arc) in Windows Server 2008.

I've seen issues with other applications, whereby they run into problems with the File and Registry Virtualization features in 2008.
It can result in some settings / files being stored in the Virtual Store registry or file locations, and some settings / files being stored in the Local Machine registry location or real Program Files directories.

There are two configuration settings for UAC in 2008.
- Control Panel > User Accounts > UAC settings > I set this to "Never Notify"
- There is also enabling / disabling Admin Approval mode via local policy

Can anyone confirm the exact recommendation for "disabling" UAC in 2008?

Cheers,

Tim