[cisco-voip] CUBE 15.2 ?

Tim Smith tim.smith at enject.com.au
Wed Jun 25 18:55:55 EDT 2014

Hey mate,

Philosophically? If a CUBE connects two calls with a single dial peer is it still a CUBE?

I think the quality that makes it a "CUBE" is mainly the fact that it's connecting two IP legs instead of a POTS leg and an IP leg.
Then of course then there are all the nice CUBEY things you can do on top of that.
A CUBE license also makes sure the CUBE police don't raid your house in the middle of the night and drag you away.

I've seen it working with single dial peer the same as some people used to do with just POTS dial peers.
But usually we are going back to these installs and separating them out for troubleshooting or to make something else work.

CUBEY things that may drive you down the two dial peer approach

-          Force one type of DTMF on one side, and another on the other side

-          Force once codec on one side, and different one on the other

Cheers,

Tim