[cisco-voip] Cisco TelePresence Server / Conductor / TMS Scheduling

Dana Tong Dana_Tong at bridgepoint.com.au
Wed Mar 19 02:52:47 EDT 2014

Good afternoon all,

So my new project is to install the following new hardware:

*         VCS Control / Expressway

*         TMS with Exchange Scheduling

*         TelePresence Server on Media 310 appliance

*         Cisco WebEx Meetings Server

*         The customer has an existing installation of CUCM 9.x with a mix of SX20's and EX90s.

The Release Notes for the TP server 310 state that this device is available in REMOTELY Managed mode only. No Local.
So Conductor is a mandatory it seems. Now there are quite a few different deployment/ configuration guides for Conductor but there is a document called "
Cisco TelePresence Conductor with Cisco TMS Deployment Guide (XC1.2, TMS14.1)" and another called "Cisco TelePresence Conductor with Cisco VCS (B2BUA) Deployment Guide (XC2.2)".

These both seem to be around the VCS.

So what I'm asking is, if I want TMS for SCHEDULING, do you have to register the TelePresence CONDUCTOR to the VCS Control, and then add the TP Server as a remotely managed resource? Then add both the Conductor and TP Server to the TMS..... [SIP trunk to CUCM where the endpoints are...]

OR, do you add the Conductor to the CUCM, and then add the TP Server to the Conductor,
Then go to TMS and Add both the Conductor and TP Server to the TMS.
(Does this break scheduling?)
... and then the VCS C/E are used purely for firewall traversal and MRA...

Is there a definitive guide on the support forums?

Cheers
Dana