[cisco-voip] Disabling placed call history on 7841's

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Wed Mar 19 06:39:58 EDT 2014

Hi Matt,

Just tested on our 7841 (sip78xx.10-1-1-9) by sending Init:CallHistory using PhoneView and it worked fine.

Error 4 is usually an authentication Error, if you are pushing (HTTP POST) the CiscoIPPhoneExecute object to the phone I suspect their is something wrong with the Authentication URL or an ITL issue?

The CiscoIPPhoneError section here details the error codes:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/9_1_1/CUIP_BK_P82B3B16_00_phones-services-application-development-notes/CUIP_BK_P82B3B16_00_phones-services-application-development-notes_chapter_011.html#CUIP_RF_C22B2EF6_00

Assuming you will be hosting that XML file on a web server and pointing the Idle URL to it I would expect it to work fine as authentication does not apply to that scenario.

Kind Regards.

Stephen Welsh

[cid:image001.png at 01CEAFE6.C53903B0]