[cisco-voip] Instructions on installing/configuring PostgreSQL on Windows for Presence and IM? - SOLVED

Jeffrey Girard jeffrey.girard at girardinc.com
Thu Mar 20 14:51:04 EDT 2014

Florian –
          Thank you Florian !

So much for reading the Cisco Documentation.

The Cisco documentation indicates that this is an optional configuration and is used to restrict the number of connections to the database and to make it more secure.

          At this point, I was not worried about security, I was just trying to get it to connect – so I did not worry about it

          However, after your last email, I went ahead and did it anyway.

          I found the hba file and modified it to include the following lines:

host

tcmadb

tcuser

10.89.99.0/24

password

host

dbinst

mauser

10.89.99.0/24

password

          I then stopped and restart the Postgre service.

          I ran the CUPS troubleshooter and it indicates all green as well as the external database status.

Thanks again!

Jeff