[cisco-voip] BRI S/T to U interface convertor

Eric Pedersen PedersenE at bennettjones.com
Tue May 6 12:59:34 EDT 2014

We bought a couple ISDN Link devices to connect BRIs to our Telepresence units. They take BRIs as 4-wire (S/T-interface), but from our service provider we get them as U interface (2 wires) ... seems like this is the standard in North America. Does anyone have recommendations for conversion units? Our old Polycom V/Cs have Alpha Telecom NT4 terminators. It looks like there are a few places that they can be ordered from but I don't know if they are new or used.

I'd rather get fractional PRIs for ISDN, but the SP said that PRIs are a voice service and BRIs are a data service - I assume that's a differentiation they make internally, not an ISDN limitation.

Thanks,
Eric

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged
subject matter. If this message has been received in error, please contact
the sender and delete all copies. Like other forms of communication,
e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized
parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please
notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such
notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to
communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures
(such as encryption) unless specifically requested.