[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility - CSS and Partitions

Tim Smith tim.smith at enject.com.au
Thu May 8 21:33:35 EDT 2014

Hi Michel,

I’d say this would be a pretty uncommon configuration.

Maybe you could explain the call flow you are trying to achieve?

The most common approach is to have a different number range for your logged out phones
Also common to have a single partition for all your internal extensions – i.e. PT_EXTENSIONS (there are cases to have extensions in different partitions, but you’ll find it is common and simple to have a single PT)

As you said, if the UDP is not logged in, then you can use CFWD unregistered to send the call somewhere else – i.e. voicemail, hunt group, reception, shared line maybe?

If you really want it to be the same number on the logged out and logged in, then simplest might be to just use the same DN – i.e. 1000/PT_EXTENSIONS on the phone and UDP.

Cheers,

Tim