[cisco-voip] dspfarm profile 1 conference video homogenous

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Wed May 28 18:05:31 EDT 2014

Customer is moving from 2811/PVDM2s the 2911/PVD3/15.2.  Customer has mix of 7965 and 9971 video phones.

I am planning the PVDM3-128/256/sDSPs need in each 2911.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmevconf.html#pgfId-1055244  <<this running-config is for CME but applies to CUCM as well

They will have a mix of 9971 video/audio and  7965 audio conference using Cisco IOS Homogenous Video Conferences.

Is it necessary in the router and CUCM to configure both of these dspfarm profiles or will the video do voice-only calls too?

dspfarm profile 1 conference video homogenous
codec g729r8
codec g711ulaw
codec h264 vga
max conference-participants 4
max session 6
associate application SCCP
no shut
!
dspfarm profile 2 conference
codec g729r8
codec g711ulaw
max session 6
associate application SCCP
no shut

In short if I only configure profile 1 is that fine? Can it do both audio and video conferneces, say if only 7965 endpoints us it, then it would be used for audio only?  Or does it have to be a video to for that profile?

Do I even need to configure profile 2?