[cisco-voip] Jabber contact photos

José Paulo de Oliveira Petry petrybr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:21:46 EDT 2014

Hello,

Running here:

CUCM 10.5
IM&P 10.5
Expressway Core&Edge 8.2

Jabber for Windows/Android/iOS 10.5

What is the recommended configuration for contact photos retrieval
considering that im going to use Jabber for Windows, Android and iOS,
inside LAN and outside (MRA with expressway) and the photos will be at a
web server (accessibly from internet)

I've already added the web server at http allow list of Expressway
configuration

this is the jabber-config.xml im using today:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
<Directory>
  <DirectoryServerType>BDI</DirectoryServerType>
  <BDIPrimaryServerName>10.13.1.3</BDIPrimaryServerName>
  <BDIPresenceDomain>domain.com</BDIPresenceDomain>
  <BDIServerPort1>3268</BDIServerPort1>
  <BDISearchBase1>DC=domain,DC=com</BDISearchBase1>
  <BDIConnectionUsername>user at domain.com</BDIConnectionUsername>
  <BDIConnectionPassword>password</BDIConnectionPassword>
  <BDIEnableTLS>0</BDIEnableTLS>
  <BDIPhotoURISubstitutionEnabled>True</BDIPhotoURISubstitutionEnabled>

<BDIPhotoURISubstitutionToken>sAMAccountName</BDIPhotoURISubstitutionToken>
  <BDIPhotoURIWithToken>
http://www.domain.com/ciscojabber/fotos/sAMAccountName.jpg
</BDIPhotoURIWithToken>
</Directory>
<Directory>
  <DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
  <UdsServer>10.13.1.242</UdsServer>
  <UdsPhotoUriWithToken>http://www.domain.com/ciscojabber/fotos/%%uid%%.jpg
</UdsPhotoUriWithToken>
</Directory>
</config>

At CUCM Service Profile, Active Directory, "User UDS for Contact
Resolution" and "Use logged on user credential" are disabled and
username/password/search base are populated..

With this configs I can't see the contact photos. What am I missing or
doing wrong?

Thanks,
José Paulo de Oliveira Petry
petrybr at gmail.com