[cisco-voip] SCCP/SDL trace question re:transfer

Wes Sisk (wsisk) wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Sep 2 10:48:25 EDT 2014

Ed,

Unity doesn’t parse the soft keys sent from UCM to Unity to understand if “transfer” is available. Unity just blindly sends transfer and hopes the call completes.

I believe Progress is insufficient in UCM to enable transfer, usually have to wait for Alerting.

Attempting to replicate this with an SCCP phone is marginal value - SCCP phones implement the softkey set received from UCM. Thus the phone won’t allow you to send transfer when UCM has not activated that soft key.

Why is the egress call stopped in the progress state?

-Wes