[cisco-voip] Rdirecting number over SIP PSTN,

NateCCIE . nateccie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 13:48:01 EDT 2015

Guys,

I have an interesting situation.  I am running calls through a sip profile
to set the redirecting party on the call to be able to do TEHO out the SIP
trunk that has virtual trunk groups to many Rate Centers.  It works great.

However, we have a few numbers that are called that we get the far-ends
unity voicemail, and get a generic greeting.

I believe what is happening is since we’re sending redirecting number
(RDIS) to do Tail end hop off (TEHO) that is being passed all the way to
the far end voicemail server.  That server is trying to match the RDIS to a
mailbox and it can’t so you get the generic greeting.

RDNIS deliver through PRIs has been possible before, but I’ve never
actually seen it done.  Now with SIP it seems it is happening end to end.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?  For now I am just not setting
redirecting party on the numbers we have identified as broken, but that is
lame.

Thanks,

-Nate