[cisco-voip] Finesse customisations - feedback

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 17:38:04 EDT 2015

Abhiram,

Thanks for soliciting the feedback.

I've found a few items on my list that I'll share.  All my experience is
from UCCX by the way.

   - UCCX Finesse API doesn't support passing call variables in the
   MAKE_CALL request.   This has been a huge problem for me, since we are
   using this API to place calls from a CRM.  We want to pass the account
   numbers into Finesse but it won't let us.   This is documented in the
   Finesse dev guide as a limitation/not supported.  But I wish the BU would
   reconsider this to provide more capabilities into UCCX/Finesse API.
   - UCCX Finesse API for 'Update Call Variable' data doesn't allow an
   admin user to submit requests on behalf of agents.   We tried to use this
   to have the CRM update the call variable after the fact (due to #1 above)
   but the CRM wasn't able to do it because the admin credentials on Finesse
   don't have access to this API.  It has to be the agent themselves who
   update their own call, which is a problem since the CRM doesn't have the
   agent's credentials.
   - Finesse gadgets that are placed in a 'tab' in the desktop layout have
   frames added around them.  There is no way to prevent Finesse from adding
   this frame/border.    However, if you add the gadget to the global 'page'
   inside Finesse, then it does not add a frame.    I think that Finesse
   should allow the admin to choose whether or not a frame/border is added to
   a gadget, regardless of whether the gadget is added to 'page' or 'tab'.
   - Finesse default Team Performance gadget.   It would be nice to have
   the system reason codes added into this gadget.  Today, if the user is 'not
   ready' due to a custom code, it is displayed in the gadget.  However, if
   they are not ready due to an inbound non-acd call or outbound call, the
   gadget just shows as 'not ready'.   This has let to supervisors not being
   able to determine whether an agent is slacking off, or on an outbound call.
   - Functionality to alert/remind a user that they are in 'not ready'
   state.   I've had problems in small call centers where an agent will forgot
   their in not ready, or will RONA a call and not realize.  In any case, they
   end up not ready and don't realize it.   If Finesse could have an option to
   remind users they are not ready, this would help in certain environments
    This should definitely be an option that could be enabled, since some
   environments would not want to have this feature.
   - Access to source code for the callcontrol & teamperformance gadget (or
   ability to modify those gadgets)
   - 'Finesse Lite' that can be added into a Jabber custom tab.  There are
   some third party solutions for this today, but should be something that
   could be included by default.

Justin