[cisco-voip] Number of Partitions in CSS max 1024 chars?

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 16:43:19 EDT 2015

Jason,

It says 170 for this reason right here:

A SIP Trunk CSS would be limited to 341 partitions (1024 / (2 character
name + 1 character separator)) using a fixed two character naming scheme.

A Phone with a Device and a Line CSS would be limited to 170 partitions per
CSS, if you divided them evenly.  Of all the designs I see, there are more
Device CSS partitions than Line CSS partitions, so it's not exactly a good
representation to pretend it will be 50/50.  It would be more like a 90/10
split, so 306 partitions for the Device CSS and 34 partitions for the Line
CSS.

Another option would be to create multiple SIP trunks to the SBC using
sub-interfaces and new port numbers, and then split the sites up between
these new logical trunks.