[cisco-voip] Unity Auto Attendant question

Aaron Banks amichaelbanks at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:26:21 EDT 2015

I've built a simple auto attendant which the staff forwards to after hours: 1-staff directory; 0 for general mailbox.  0 works.  When I press 1 (which is a voice enabled directory), say the person's name, I am redirected to their extension, but I never get to their mailbox.  The call is redirected back to the auto attendant.  This is a call initiated from outside of the organization.  If I call the auto attendant inside, same result.  If I have someone physically perform a transfer to the auto attendant, it works.  I get the extension and eventually hit the mailbox.

I have gone as far as call forwarding someone's phone directly to voicemail, in additional to call forwarding to a cell phone, and if no physical transfer is performed, I hear the auto attendant again.  I've changed the CSS to be wide open with no success.

If no call forwarding is done on the main phone (ie it rings until the AA answers) - same.  Without a person physically transferring to the AA, the caller will hear the AA over and over again.

I've rebuilt both the call handler and the directory handler.  I have turned of the voice enabled option in favor of dial by name.  Same result.

The version CUCM/CUC 10.5.2.12900-14.  I should mention that the connection between CUCM and CUC is a SIP trunk.  Could this be a bug (in my head)?

TIA if you have an additional ideas.

Aaron