[cisco-voip] tokenless CTL client - how to move devices between mixed mode clusters?

Dave Goodwin dave.goodwin at december.net
Wed Aug 12 21:06:23 EDT 2015

For anyone who has an environment with multiple mixed mode clusters (CTL
file is present), do you know of a way to move devices from one cluster to
another?

Using the eToken SAST (physical USB devices), it seems you can do this by
using the same signing token to sign the CTL file on each cluster. With the
new tokenless CTL client, it seems each cluster's publisher private key is
used to sign that cluster's CTL file - so it seems the old way will not
work.

I realize it can be done by deleting the CTL file on the phone (or factory
reset) if you're standing in front of it, and I also realize there are
commercial software tools that can perform feats like this (like UnifiedFX
and other competitive offerings). I am looking for a way to do this without
either of those methods.

-Dave