[cisco-voip] Unity 10.5 hacking issue

norm.nicholson at kitchener.ca norm.nicholson at kitchener.ca
Wed Aug 19 15:52:03 EDT 2015

All to the same number in St Kitts.

Norm Nicholson
Telecom Analyst
City of Kitchener
(519)741.2200 x7000
From: Brian Meade
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:47 PM
To: Norm Nicholson
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Unity 10.5 hacking issue

Was it all the same destination number or different numbers?  Manually added alternate contacts bypass the restriction tables I believe.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM, <norm.nicholson at kitchener.ca<mailto:norm.nicholson at kitchener.ca>> wrote:

I had an issue with someone getting into Unity and calling long distance one evening. The restrict tables were correct but I found the ports on voicemail had the LD calling search space and removed it, and the LD stopped. Any idea how they can dial 9 , is it from the main call processor or is it in call handlers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Norm Nicholson
Telecom Analyst
City of Kitchener
(519) 741-2200 x 7000<tel:%28519%29%20741-2200%20x%207000>