[cisco-voip] UCCx CAD client pre upgrade

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:42:55 EDT 2015

Just upgraded to 10.6 over the weekend from 9.0.2SU3, the pre-config
utility worked out well.

FWIW, I had to open a tac case after installing the Refresh upgrade COP
v1.9. the first time I installed it, something didnt work right and it
didnt show in the "show version active" output even though the installation
and reboot seemed to go ok. Then the actual upgrade wouldn't run - it kept
prompting me to install the RU COP file. Trying to reinstall the COP just
generated a error that it was already installed. TAC had to remote-access
in and manually uninstall it. Second time I installed it with TAC on the
phone it worked properly (of course :)) and I was able to upgrade without
any more issues.

Was a long night/morning, did a refresh upgrade on CUCM immediately
following.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Anthony Holloway <
avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a preconfiguration utility you can grab from the install media.
>
> Check the CAD Install guide for more info:
> Page 108,
> http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/install/guide/cadx106-installation-guide.pdf
>
> You should be good to go with the latest version of UCCX, but do be aware
> of this defect:
> https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur11033
>

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 2:19 PM Scott Voll <svoll.voip at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For all those UCCx guys that upgrade lots and lots of UCCx deployments.
>> How do you get the CAD client before the upgrade so you can have the
>> workstation guys deploy it?
>>
>> Do you setup a test UCCx box and just download it from there, or is there
>> a better way?
>>
>> we are upgrading from 8.5 to 10.6.  We hope to move to Finesse soon after
>> =)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Scott

Ed Leatherman