[cisco-voip] Wireless Headset Recommendations

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Fri Dec 4 17:23:33 EST 2015

Hey Brian!

I have mine at the home office on an 8945(9.2.3) / CUBE / CME10 and it sounds crystal (g711). My pairing is between the 8945 and an iPad mini currently. Phone rings, off-hook pauses music stream on the mini, music resumes on-hook. Works really well for me. Mine sounds great on the PC also. I will say when I roam more than 15 or so feet I sometimes get small mic delay and when the battery is low, other than that it is great for me.

I am no Bluetooth expert but I think half the equation is in the Bluetooth profile of the device you're paring with (not sure how that applies with a 9971 though, that should just work, and work great). My only thoughts on the 9971 might be to try and swap firmware? Got any interferes nearby; microwaves, AC Units, space heaters ... etc?

-Ryan