[cisco-voip] Informacast

Aaron Banks amichaelbanks at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 14:26:51 EST 2015

I've never configured Informacast before.  I have most of the setup complete, the only piece I'm hung up on is the 3850 switch (which is stacked).  I want to enable multicast but it is only for the voice vlan.  There is no routing being done between vlans or multiple switches.  Do I use ip multicast routing to enable multicasting globally or ip multicast auto-enable?  Also, is PIM or IGMP normally used?  IGMP is already running, so I was thinking I only had to configure the multicast address for it.

Aaron