[cisco-voip] Informacast

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:16:58 EST 2015

With the paging stuff, i've found if I'm stuck its usually either i've
screwed up mcast or I've forgotten to configure the backend user
account/device associations in call manager. If I dial the paging number
and the phones beep/open speakers and then no audio, its the former. If I
dial the paging number and nothing happens at all, it's likely at least the
latter (and maybe also the former :) )

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Aaron Banks <amichaelbanks at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I've never configured Informacast before.  I have most of the setup
> complete, the only piece I'm hung up on is the 3850 switch (which is
> stacked).  I want to enable multicast but it is only for the voice vlan.
> There is no routing being done between vlans or multiple switches.  Do I
> use ip multicast routing to enable multicasting globally or ip multicast
> auto-enable?  Also, is PIM or IGMP normally used?  IGMP is already running,
> so I was thinking I only had to configure the multicast address for it.
>
> Aaron

Ed Leatherman