[cisco-voip] UCM Hunt Group Reporting

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:32:47 EST 2015

Has anyone used any CDR package they like with UCM environments with heavy
hunt group usage ?

This is a retail environment with centralized operator group handling
inbound main number calls, and transferring calls to various hunt groups
throughout the retail sites.   Essentially we are using UCM hunt groups
instead of a call center solution; the call flow/inbound caller experience
is fine with the UCM hunt groups we just are lacking on the reporting.

I'm looking for an off the shelf CDR package that has in depth hunt group
reports along with the option to create custom reports in a WYSIWYG style
interface.

Today we have about 180 hunt pilots, some of those hunt pilots are for the
front line operator groups, & some of those are for the back line hunt
groups that take transfers from the operators.  We would like to have a
single report for the hunt groups, but be able to group the operator hunt
groups into a separate table than the backline groups.

We would also like to be able to see a break down of how many calls are
transferred by the operators: to back line hunt groups, to people's
individual extensions, etc.

We've tried some off the shelf packages, and we can get much of the above
data but we are finding that we have to run multiple reports and then
combine them in excel to get the executive report we need to pass to upper
management.

I don't believe a call center solution is going to work in this
environment, primarily because many of the people taking the backline calls
are working in retail locations and mixing their time between walk-in
customers and phone calls.   There are multiple phones throughout the
retail store counters and a single person might answer any given call on
multiple phones depending on where they are in the store at any given time.

If anyone has any CDR packages they've used that could meet some of these
requirements I'd appreciate any recommendation.

Personally I think we may be going down the route of writing a custom CDR
solution based on the UCM CDR CSV files but want to look for any existing
solutions if they can meet the requirements.

Justin